Monday, June 6, 2011

"MaKe It MoNdAy KiDs" BIRD FEEDER!



With summer here I want to do some "MaKe It MoNdAy" projects that the kids can do!

Lil chick and I made this fun and thrifty bird feeder yesterday out of a 2-liter coke bottle.


Get an empty 2-liter and rinse it out. Cut off label. Cut a hole below the label line big enough for a bird to get into. Then slice a small hole beneath that for your twig for the bird to use as a perch. Hot glue the twig so it stays in place.


Paint the outside of the bottle any color you have. Lil chick picked out green regular old craft paint. We gave it 2 coats. Then we polka dotted it since we love polka dots in bright colors. 


I had a wooden flower that I painted yellow and wrote with a sharpie "for the birds" and attached it with hot glue. 


We hung our bird feeder with ribbon from our mimosa tree in out front yard. Now we just have to get some birdseed!

This is a fun a quick craft project for the kids. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish. And if you have a grandma or grandpa this would make a cute little summer gift for them.

Helpful Hint: Pour bird seed in through the bird hole.

I found a lot of fun and easy projects on Fave Crafts!

If you have a great idea for a "MaKe It MoNdAy KiDs" email me @ chicksdigcoupons@gmail.com or leave a comment. And if you make this project take a pic and email it I would love to see it! 




Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Share on StumbleUpon Digg This Fav This With Technorati Share on Delicious Share on Facebook Tweet

12 comments:

  1. Great craft! My DD has been wanting to make a birdfeeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiii! I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to swing by & visit my blog when you have a chance! If you have a Twitter I'd love to be friends there as well! xoxo! www.shelbylately.com & @shelbylatelycom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, new follower, stopping by from i love my online friends hop , such a cute blog!
    would love a follow back

    http://www.bragallaboutit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project. This is such a great idea. I just love the way it turned out.

    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is a great project. My kids would love this! I also want to learn how to make a windchime. I think they would get a kick out of that.

    THanks for sharing!
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project! and the kids did a wonderful job with the colors and the birds will love it :)

    Create HUgs Edna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific idea! We make sure to feed the birdies in our yard.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a super fun kid project!!! Thanks for sharing it..

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My spouse and i felt very fortunate when Michael managed to conclude his basic research through the ideas he had from your own web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to just possibly be offering solutions that others could have been making money from. And now we discover we need you to thank for this. The most important illustrations you made, the simple site navigation, the relationships you give support to create - it’s many overwhelming, and it’s really leading our son and our family feel that this subject matter is exciting, which is really mandatory. Thanks for the whole lot! Coinex referral code

    ReplyDelete
  10. We provide you with a table of all the emoticons that can be used on this application, and the meaning of each symbol. Though it might take some initial effort on your part, the skills garnered from regular and strategic use of social media will create a strong foundation to grow your business on ALL levels. krypto referral code

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little study on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Slice invitation code

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...